- About Us
Page 1 of 2
The thicker wire is one of the three red wires with 1/4 QC terminals pre-crimped. The thin wire goes to the UBEC power supply for WiFi. The ring terminal can be used at the end of the UBEC red wire.
None of the AC connections are polarity sensitive. AC_Test are identical circuits. Just ensure the AC_Line wires connect to the AC Input and AC_Test connects to the load side of the relay.
I personally build with black wires across the bottom of the relay and reds across the top. Same on the board connector blocks black wires on the bottom red above. But again neither is polarity sensitive.
The NEMA 14-50 plug is connected Hot 1, Hot 2 and Ground. For 120v you will need to build an adapter that is wired Hot 1, Hot 2, ground on the 14-50 (neutral is not connected) socket to Hot 1, Neutral, ground on the 120v plug.
OpenEVSE will automatically detect just one hot and set the current to 12A. L1 and L2 current is saved independently.
Step 1 has been updated with the link to the source code and guide for loading the Module. In about a week I will have preloaded modules in the OpenEV store.
Pish button is to enter configuration menu, set timers, add xxx kWh, charge for xxx minutes, etc.
Deleted Step 1. Instruction to connect ground is now:
Step 2 bullet 4 with the red Caution Symbol.
Here are a bunch of adapters for a NEMA L6-30 Input cord from EVSEupgrade.
The enclosure holes are not tapped, they have metal fittings that are pressed from the bottom. The fitting are visable from the bottom. You can check that the fitting is pressed properly and please ensure that the screw was not cross threaded.
1) The Basic kit now includes the improved v4 board at no extra cost over the older v2. It allows the addition of a current measurement coil and WiFi and it has improved ground testing. The board is slightly longer so two holes need to be drilled.
2)Yes the board will auto detect the input and set 12A for 120 and 24 for 240. EVSE upgrade makes several adaptors NEMA L6-30 to many other common outlets.
3) The LED can be mounted wherever you like as long as the cable can reach.
1) OpenEVSE board is fused with 1A fuses on both lines, it may be connected before or after the main fuses.
2) Each relay has a 12vDC coil built in.
3) Not sure how to make it more detailed, will check the wording.
4) I will provide a full refund and a prepaid shipping label to return your kit.
Page 1 of 3